Facts about Svenska Skeppshypotek.
Svenska Skeppshypotek’s operations are governed by the Act (1980:1097) on Svenska Skeppshypotekskassan.
- Svenska Skeppshypotek can finance Swedish shipping companies and foreign shipping companies with a significant Swedish interest or influence.
- The maximum loan term is 15 years.
- The loan must be paid off in full when the ship reaches the age of 20 years (unless there are special circumstances).
- Loans are to be secured by collateral in Swedish or foreign ships (or balance in or guarantee from a bank or the Swedish State).
- Loans may be granted for up to 70 per cent of the value Svenska Skeppshypotek estimates the vessel to have (in special cases 80 per cent).
- Interest rates are determined individually.
- Loans may in some cases be granted for up to 90 per cent of the value of the ship according to a special ordinance. Preference is to be given to smaller shipping companies.
- Lending takes place in foreign or Swedish currency at a floating or fixed interest rate.